Fourth class for new ringer Carroll (4pm). Carroll has reached the stage of backstrokes with the instructor taking the handstrokes. She is developing a good and very reliable ringing form. Points to watch are
- Hands stay in front of the line of the body at the top of the stroke, to keep the rope in front of the body as well.
- Arm extension at the bottom of the stroke.
During a break Carroll’s friend Nancy pulled the 4 off several times, in anticipation of starting class soon.
Twelfth class for new ringer Anne (5pm). First half of the class working on fine points of ringing form:
- Perfectly vertical pull on both strokes.
- Hands together after the release, followed by a clean pickup.
- Arm extension at the bottom of each stroke.
- Let the bell rise at each stroke.
- No overpulling; a nice gentle pull.
During a break we went over the eight cases of Call Changes.
Anne raised and lowered the 2, then lowered the 4.