26th class for new ringer Carroll. Focus was on fixing the remaining issues, many of which are interrelated:
- Left wrist angled to align the grip on sally or rope vertically, or left fingers adjusted to accomplish the same goal.
- All ten fingers around the sally.
- The tail always on the ringer’s side of the sally.
- Fast follow-through after the release, both hands.
- Hands stay in the plane of the rope.
- Right hand on left for the pickup.
- Wrists stay aligned in the plane of the rope.
- No wrist twist or sideways hand movement during the follow-through, so that the loop of rope does not swing out to one side and then the other.
- Vertical motion, no throwing out; rotate the wrists at whatever speed keeps the flow of the rope vertical above the hands and bellying out below the hands.
While this is a long list, they are interrelated so that making just a few basic improvements will wrap up all of them.
Carroll raised and lowered the 2 to the first coil.
Next class for Carroll and Nancy is Th 31 May.