The bell tower came through the storm with minor damage. The bells and mechanism were unaffected.
- Power is out in the Cathedral area as of early Tuesday morning; the stoplight at 15th Street and Bayside Drive is dark. A generator on the patio is powering the workmen’s tools in the sanctuary.
- As far as can be determined with a flashlight , the bells were not affected. There is no sign of water in the bell chamber. The floor of the bell chamber is dry to the touch.
- The floor of the intermediate chamber is damp from water blowing in the drainpipes, but there is no standing water and no damage evident.
- The ringing chamber windows leaked as they usually do during a rain, and the plasterboard walls around the spiral staircase are sodden. There is no evident damage in the ringing chamber itself.
- Water came in under the tower door threshold during the storm, and the lower level of the tower is wet to damp.