Today was the congregation’s Annual Meeting, with the three Sunday services combined into one, so we rang both before and after the service.
Before the service · Eight ringers: Anne, Barbara, Eoin, Judy, Marguerite, Rob, Thomas, and visitor Jim Snyder. We raised 12345678.
- Rounds on Six, then Seven, then Eight as ringers arrived. We stood every few minutes and rotated one bell to the right to get everyone warmed up, then tried a few different allocations of ringers to bells.
- Rounds on Eight for 25 minutes. Some of the ringers on the heavy bells were tiring out, so we stopped to swap them to light bells before finishing.
- Rounds on Eight for 10 minutes.
We left the bells up in anticipation of ringing after the service.
After the service · Eight ringers: Anne, Carroll, Judy, Marguerite, Nancy, Rob, Thomas, and visitor Jim Snyder.
- Rounds on Eight. We rang a bit, paused to rearrange the ringers for a steadier allocation, then rang for about 15 minutes.
- Rang down the back six in peal, then lowered the light two.
Likely learner Amy Colon, who had one class with Rob just over a year ago, visited the tower during the ringing, sitting on the spiral stairs with her young child and husband.